A family favourite, the serving dish will be scraped clean to get every last caramelised crumb.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 15.25-oz. can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 14.75-oz. can cream style sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the flour into the melted and cooled butter until well incorporated. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and milk.
- Stir the creamed corn into the butter mixture, along with the drained whole kernel corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into an 8″x 8″ shallow baking dish
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the center is set and the corn casserole is brown and caramelized on top. Serve warm.