Moist, tender, juicy chicken served in a delicious Asian-inspired sauce over top of fresh soba noodles and broccoli.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 6oz Japanese soba noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb bag broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small red chili pepper, chopped (optional garnish)
- In a crockpot, mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch and 1/2 cup water.
- Add in the chicken breasts, and turn to coat. Cover and cook for about 6 hours on low heat.
- About 20-30 minutes before serving, cook soba noodles according to package directions, adding the broccoli into the boiling water during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Drain and divide equally into 6 serving bowls.
- Using two forks, shred chicken and stir in the rice vinegar. Spoon chicken and sauce over soba noodles and broccoli, top with diced chilies and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Japanese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
PER SERVING: 319 calories; 3.5g fat; 28.5g carbohydrates; 40g protein; 3.5g fiber