Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the beer onion jam
- 1 large (or 2 small onions, you can also use chopped frozen onion for this too)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 240ml (1 cup) Treason West Coast IPA
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the burgers
- 500g beef mince (preferably 10%+fat)
- 60ml Treason West Coast IPA
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of strong cheese (I used stilton but any other strong cheese should also work well)
Make the beer onion jam
- Roughly chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil (2 tsp) in a small saucepan and once hot add the onions. Cook the onions for 10 minutes on a low heat, stirring them regularly to ensure they don’t burn.
- Add the Treason (240ml), apple cider vinegar (1 tsp) and sugar (2 tbsp) and mix. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the beer has reduced to a jammy consistency.
While the jam is simmering make the burgers
I cooked my burgers in the oven but you can also cook them under the grill, in a frying pan or on a BBQ.