This recipe is best made with leftover pasta that has been in the refrigerator for at least overnight. Leftover pasta dries up and sticks together which helps these fritters hold together.
- 3 cups cold leftover pasta, packed sauce and pasta mixed together
- 2 eggs
- ¾ to 1¼ cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese,
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Place pasta in a bowl and roughly cut with scissors.
- Add the eggs, breadcrumbs, start with ¾ cup at a time, the mixture needs to be sticky enough to hold together, and cheese. Mix and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop up a ball and flatten it slightly to test if it holds together ok. If required, add more breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium high heat.
- Scoop up a level ⅓ cup packed mixture and place in the fry pan. Use the bottom of the cup to pat the mixture into 2/5″ thickness. Repeat to make however many fritters you can fit in the pan.
- Cook the first side for around 2 minutes or until it turns a dark brown and crispy. Turn, then cook the other side until crispy (around 1 to 1½ minutes).
- Remove from the pan onto a paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with finely chopped parsley leaves and freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.