- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup mild enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup green mild enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large saucepan of 1 1 /2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, corn, black beans, enchilada sauces, chili powder, cumin and oregano until well combined and heated through, about 2-3 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.