- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs**
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Sweet chili sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce for serving
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs and shredded coconut, set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge shrimp in the flour, dip into the eggs, then dredge in the coconut mixture, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add shrimp to the Dutch oven and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with desired dipping sauce.
**Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.