Homemade dessert doesn’t get any easier. Make it fancy by dividing the batter and topping among small glass ramekins.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 3 large peach(es), pitted and sliced
- 3 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 6 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 4 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, gently toss peaches with brown sugar until sugar starts to dissolve; spoon fruit into prepared baking pan.
- In another small bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt; add egg white and combine with your fingers until mixture comes together and starts to crumble. Drop clumps of flour mixture over fruit; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake until fruit just starts to bubble, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm. Yields about 2/3 cup per serving.
- This recipe works well with plums and nectarines, too.