1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cup sugar
3/4 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 tsp chinese five spice powder
2 cup fresh pear, chopped evenly
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a saucepan. mix 2 cups fresh pear with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place butter in a 2-quart baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
4. Stir 1 cup sugar and flour and Chinese five spice together and mix well. Slowly add milk and continue to stir to prevent the batter from lumping.
5. Remove baking dish from oven and pour batter over the butter in the baking dish. DO NOT STIR! Spoon fruit on top of batter, the gently pour about 3 Tablespoons of the cooking liquid evenly on top. DO NOT STIR!
6. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.